Chikmagalur is the birthplace of the Hoysala Dynasty and of the Indian Coffee! Chikmagalur’s hill stations, rivers, waterfalls, ancient temples and wildlife sanctuaries are truly worth a visit. The resort lies at one of the most beautiful coffee estates of this town.
- The location is beautiful, just in the middle of a Coffee Plantation. Don't miss The Coffee Tour!
- Because of the large windows in your villa, you are aware of being in the middle of nature. And because of the walled gardens you also have a lot of privacy.
- Women of surrounding rural areas made the room amenities such as the wonderful hand-made flower bowls.
- The Oma Spa offers the perfect blend of Indian and international treatments.
On National Highway NH 47 between Bangalore and Mangalore, 55 km from Hassan, nestled amidst mountains and verdant nature is a quaint town known for its estates and plantations - Chikmagalur. And on one of this town's most beautiful coffee estates, is set The Serai Chikmagalur
Every villa is surrounded by greenery and boasts natural rosewood floors, specially commissioned photographs adorning the walls, glass-walled bathing areas that are a natural extension of the bedroom, a private pool and a gazebo constructed with Chapdi, a stone indigenous to the area. Hand-made flower bowls and several other room amenities made by women of the surrounding rural areas, inject a warm, rustic charm into each of the three types of villas. The Residence is a stand-alone, tastefully appointed villa. Set in its own private area at the end of the central axis of the resort, offering elegance, exclusivity and privacy. Comprising a master bedroom, a second bedroom, separate living & dining areas , a private Jacuzzi and a large pool, The Residence is a delightful medley of luxury and verdant Nature. The Estate Terrace is a 2-tiered villa on elevated positions offer glorious views of the coffee plantation and adjoining paddy fields. On the floor below, the relaxing sitting room and the private pool with a personal day bed, affords you the luxury of banishing life's troubles and stress, whilst soaking in the surrounding calm. The Estate Villa is a single-floor villa and come with a choice of a pool or a Jacuzzi. Sink into the day bed beneath the gazebo and enjoy the tranquility of verdant surroundings in privacy, thanks to the non-intrusive border between the villas and estate. Large, sliding glass doors separate the tastefully designed living room - bedroom combo and the luxurious bathroom.
Our favourite room: The Estate Terrace, because of the wonderful views from the first floor over the coffee plantation and paddy-fields. And of course the private pool is favourite as well.
- The restaurant Odyssey serves recipes from all the corners of the globe.
- Blue Sky is a Lounge with a collection of the finest liquors and wines, and the views it affords, promises to instantly relax you.
- Oma Spa, with a unique blend of Indian and international treatments and approaches, is an ideal place for physical, mental and spiritual rejuvenation.
- Bean To Cup is a Coffee Tour, visiting the Coffee Plantation and learning all about Coffee.
- View from the Skies is the Heli Tour that give you an overview of the plantations and the estates.
- There are also many small temple towns around.
- Or visit Belur and Halebid, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Always wanted to see a tiger, this is your change! The Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary is a 495 sq.km wildlife sanctuary and Project Tiger Reserve with a beautiful flora and fauna and of course tigers.