The Imperial Hotel is one of Asia’s finest hotels. It’s a legend that offers a unique experience by embracing all the facets of India’s history. The restored 1930’s Victorian-style building is a perfect combination of old-world charm and modern day conveniences.
- We love the colonial style; from the entrance, through the corridors to the rooms..
- Dining facilities are great; The Spice Route for example has been voted in the top ten Restaurants in the world and The Atrium serves a delicious High Tea
- The Luxurious Spa which is only for the residence guests is new and unique
- Three acres of gardens in the middle of the city!
The Imperial is located at Janpath, just steps away from the renowned shopping and commercial district û Connaught Place. Museums, theatres, monuments, parks and cultural centres are within close proximity of the Hotel.
There are 235 rooms and suites in total, some in Art Deco style (Deco Room and Art Deco Suite), others have more colonial feel (Heritage Room, Imperial Room and Heritage Suite). Most rooms overlook the gardens; all offer total privacy and all the facilities you would expect from a 5-star hotel, such as marble bathrooms with separate showers and bathtubs, air conditioning, a TV offering 43 channels, well-stocked mini bar and coffee/tea making. All rooms and suites have Porthault linen, specially imported from France. Each floor is dedicated to an artist and you find original works on the walls in the corridors and in the rooms.
Our favourite room: The Heritage Suite, because of size (550 sq.ft.!) and the colonial style.
- With a choice of 4 different world-class restaurants, 3 bars and 24-hour room service, you do not have to worry about your lunch or dinner. The Spice Route for example has been voted as one of the top 10 restaurants in the world by Cond Nast Traveler. The Spice Route reflects the journey of spices from the Malabar Coast in Kerala through Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Malaysia, and Indonesia to Thailand and Vietnam. San Gimignano is an Italian Restaurant inspired by the medieval town with the same name in Tuscany.
- The extensive gardens have paths for jogging and walking.
- The swimming pool is situated in a quite corner of the gardens.
- The hotel has a resident astrologer if you want to know what your future holds.
- There is a fitness centre and a Spa. Enter the Spa and you are in another world!
- For shopping it is not necessary to leave the hotel. The Imperial Book Shop, Boutique and Chanel Shop have a lot to offer!
Delhi has many interesting sites to visit: Red Fort, Jama Mashid, The National Museum or National Gallery of Modern Art and several good shopping areas.