The Club a luxury hotel within a hotel – offers many exclusive delights to its guests, but perhaps none is more enjoyable than the awe-inspiring sea view. In fact, you’re so close to the Arabian Sea that the pounding of the waves on the rocks below acts as the perfect lullaby.
- The stunning location, at a rock, makes sure you have the most panoramic views of Kovalam. All the rooms come with a complimentary sea view!
- The hotel has its own exclusive beach, just a stroll away from your room.
- At the Club you have a lot of extra's like a 24 hours butler service to help you packing and a daily High Tea in the Lounge
- The Diviya Spa, an Ayurvedic Spa, is one of the best in the area. Try the Shirodhara.
The Club at The Leela lies on a rock at the beach of Kovalam, in the south of India.
The Club has 58 rooms, contemporarily designed and furnished. out of this, 49 are Club Rooms, there are 6 Club Suites, 1 Duplex Suite and 2 Presidential Suites. Each room has its own private balcony (1/3 size of the room) overlooking the Arabian Sea. All the rooms have a minimalistic design but an old world luxury at the same time. Each room features state of the art LCD flat screen television, DVD player (with choice of movies and music), wireless internet access, twin headed massage shower heads and an electronic safe. With the pillow menu available you can choose your favourite pillow. All the rooms have a minibar, a tea/coffee maker, cordless telephone and a writing desk overlooking the sea.
Our favourite room:One of the Club Suites, because it's double the size of the Club Rooms. The daybed at the balcony is the perfect place to slowly wake up in the morning.
For Club Members only:
- The Cafe offers personalised and all day international dining options. You have the choice to enjoy breakfast in your room or in the Cafe.
- Full Butler Service is available round the clock.
- Soft beverages, tea/coffee and High Tea at the Living Room from 4:00 to 5.30 pm everyday are complementary.
- Pressing Service.
- The Gym, Spa and Infinity edged swimming pool overlooking the sea.
- Complementary internet access in the lounge and an I POD dock on request.
- Selection of movies and music.
- In the evening The Library is a very pleasant place to relax, with a good book, a glass of wine and a sigar if you wish.
- As a Club Member you can also use the other facilities of the hotel like the jogging track, daily yoga lessons, tennis, table tennis and the gift shop.
- Go for a long walk on the beach.
- Wake up early to watch the local fishermen bringing in their catch of the day or go fishing with them.
- Visit the 16th-century wooden palace of Padmanabapuram in Tamil Nadu, seat of the Travancore princes
- Go on a mini City Trip to Trivandrum and visit the Hindu Temple, 200-year-old palace, various museums and the local market.
- Take a boat trip through the Kerala backwaters.
- Looking for some adventure? Book a Catamaran Ride on the sea.
- Visit Kanyakumari, India's southernmost tip, where the Bay of Bengal and the Indian Ocean meets the Arabian Sea.