Taj Nadesar Palace is an upscale haven in an otherwise exhaustive-holy-surround of Varanasi, WorldÆs oldest living city. A Britishers built of 18th century and palace of the Maharaja of Benares in 19th it has been playing host to many a dignitaries, royalty and celebrities, whose name found permanence as the names of its rooms/suites.
- The retreat is much-needed acres of oasis in the heart of Varanasi, a must-in-a-lifetime city, which is as exhausting as it is enticing.
- Go around the Palace over sprawling grounds by a horse driven Royal buggy ride, which was once used by Maharaja of Varanasi himself.
- While terrace dining by the pool, get serenaded by Indian classical musicians in the evening
In a city of overwhelming chaos and charm, Varanasi, Taj Nadesar Palace offers 40-acres of tranquility amidst a park setting of verdant gardens, mango orchards, marigold, roses and jasmine fields. The hotel is little off the city center with a huge private property all by itself.
There are 10 rooms/suites Four Palace Rooms, four Historical Suites and two Royal Suites named after the celebrities who once stayed. A heritage property technically, they exude more of a contemporary opulence grand in size, high-ceilinged, large windows overlooking the gardens, luxurious bathrooms with a claw-foot tub and marble seating in the shower. The suites are lavish with a living room, a master bedroom and a dressing area. The heritage furnishing of the rooms and suites include Maharaja's art collection and original pieces of furniture and Four-poster beds.
- Dining: The royal kitchen serves Satvik Indian Cuisine with breakfast on the sun-kissed verandah; a spiritually inspired plated meal at lunch in the dining room, and a barbeque dinner by the poolside.
- Jiva Spa and Yoga
- Swimming pool
- 4 hole Golf Course
- Travel services
- Guided tours and sightseeing
- Astrologer (prior appointment needed)
- Internet and Wi-Fi
- Palace Butler Services
- The Horse-driven Royal Buggy ride
- Golf: Call your butler to arrange a relaxing putt and chip out on the greens.
- Nature walk: Let our botanist take you on a guided walk around the Palace lawns; and enthrall you with a discourse on the unique flora of its environs.
- Yoga: Brush the world off your shoulders and reconnect with your inner self, with the ancient discipline of yoga. You can choose a group class or a one-on-one session especially tailored to suit your requirements and experience level.
- Music and dance recitals
- The delights of the Ancient city Varanasi, Benares, or kashi:
- A sunrise boat ride on the Ganges, followed by a walk through the winding lanes and by-lanes of the old city.
- Take a trip to the Benares Weaver Village and see first-hand the creation of the city's exquisite and renowned silks.
- Sunset Ganga Aarti on the Ghats the traditional ritual worship at the Ganges.
- Excursion and Sightseeing: Sarnath stupa and museum; Benares Hindu University; Chunar Fort;