Tipping the romance of Udaipur the Lake Palace is IndiaÆs most romantic hotel, a 250-year old heritage of the Maharanas of Mewar. A vintage car drive plus a boat ride for the grand arrival takes you into this dreamlike white-marble island called as the Lake Palace by Taj and greeted with the rain of flower petals and more.
- An island to get stuck and spoil oneself in the romance and pleasures
- Many "Royal Butlers" working in the hotel are descendants of the original palace retainers. Of course, their service too is top-end
- The hotel cum royal retreat has been a favorite with celebrities, politicians, queens and Hollywood flicks. This speaks volumes of the settings and the services.
- The private floating Pontoon Dinner, anchored some distance off the hotel, over sparkling Lake Pichola is surreal.
Taj Lake Palace is placed quite photogenically as a shimmering mirage on the green and pristine waters of Lake Pichol against the backdrop of Aravali Hills and City palace. It is located in the Lake City, 25 kms or 40 min from Airport.
The palace comprises 66 rooms and 17 suites, differing in size, dÚcor and story but romance and opulence. All its 83 rooms and suites offer superior amenities and are beautifully furnished in natural wood, colorful Rajasthani moldings, miniature paintings, and Jharokhas with rich silk upholstery underneath. á Every one of the romantic rooms holds a story and among the most compelling is The Chandra Prakash Suite, meaning Lustre of the Moon. The decorative gilt moldings, sculpted marble columns, and fine fretwork screens impressed even the Maharaja who held court in this very room in the 1930. á Favorite Room/Suite á The Grand Presidential Shambhu Prakash suite is ultimate in pleasure, romance, and lavishness. Interior is a mix of Rajasthani and European grandeur well stocked with a library, chosen artifacts etc. Adjoining lake facing balcony is one of the worldÆs most beautiful sunset points.
- Royal butler service for your trips in and around the palace and the city.
- A Jiva spa
- Three restaurants
- Extensive business facilities.
- An outdoor pool
- Shop the bazaars for Udaipur's famous miniature paintings, Jewellery, textiles, books etc
- Horseback riding in the Aravalli Hills.
- Romantic Pontoon Dinner
- Cultural show at Jhankar courtyard plus Shadow Dance
- Astrology at Mewar terrace: experience the mystical science of Indian foretelling.
- Heritage Walk: An hour long walk of the Taj Lake Palace to experience history, Rajasthani arts, cookery etc