Shahpura Bagh, over-a-century old royal summer retreat and an idyllic and unspoilt stopover on one of RajasthanÆs best travel routes between Jaipur and Udaipur. The ruling family of Shahpura still lives here and provides one of the original and lavish royal-home-stays of Rajasthan.
- A total living inventory of 10 suites/rooms ensures that æyou arrive as guests and leave as friendsÆ.
- An authentic royal home-stay
- Shahpura's home cooked food based on Rajadhiraj Umaid Singhji 150 rare recipes are quite famous
- Ideal break for Nature lovers esp. birdwatchers
Shahpura Bagh is set amidst 45-acre of landscaped estate, lakes and wetlands. Located around 200 kms or 4 hrs each from Jaipur and Udaipur and 5 hours from Jodhpur.
Shahpura Bagh, a boutique home-stay comprises two residences û one with 6 royal suites and 4 deluxe rooms for the guests and one for the host, that is, the Royal family of Shahpura, a setting very similar to old time when visitors were the state guests like English Lords and Maharajas. 1 Suite and 1 Deluxe room are in the main house where the family stays. They are situated on top floor and have a glorious, huge terrace all to themselves. Suites/rooms differ in shape, size and tone and are a mix of Rajasthani, Mughal and Colonial influences in design and architecture. The roomsÆ interiors and dÚcor follows an uncluttered approach towards luxury, space and comfort with high ceilings, large windows and broad doors. The rooms are elegantly furnished with antique furniture, paintings, photographs, Kashmiri carpets, large candelabra, luxury bedding, silk, satin and precious upholstery, curtains, state-of-the-art bathrooms with boutique toiletries.
- Dining and Wining: There is one dining room in the main building. Somemes, dining is Al-Fresco, in the sunshine or candlelit under the stars, in the garden. They serve continental and Indian recipes which are organic because the vegetables used for making food come from their own vegetable garden. The hotel offers a buffet and table dÆh¶te dining.
- Room service is also readily available. Special private dinners can also be arranged.
- A heated swimming pool with relaxation area.
- Bicycles are provided for guests' use
- Jeeps for local excursions
- Table Tennis
- Local massages and Yoga Classes can be arrangedá¡
- Play-station for children
- Visit to the local craft centre.
- Visit Ram Dwara, the revered ancient temple
- Fishing and boating on the lakes
- Walking tours and Birding in the wetlands around the area (Nahar Sagar, Umaid Sagar and the Arvardh Dam, along with 250 small lakes form the heart of a verdant wetland refuge).
- Cooking lessons and demonstration of Local Rajasthani preparations
- Sundowners and alfresco dinners at Dhikhola fort for a minimum of 6 pax