This hotel is the perfect combination between new and old! Jodhpur’s first boutique hotel with trendy bedrooms, can be found just in the middle of Jodhpur’s ancient walled city, close to the Clock Tower, and with amazing views at Mehrangarh Fort. Just step outside the hotel to find yourself on a crowded street, full of motorcycle rickshaws, cows and street vendors.
- It is the only boutique hotel within an Indian Walled-City, at short distance of the Clock Tower and at the foot of the Mehrangarh Fort.
- Contemporary design in a traditional 300-year-old mansion with views at the Mehrangarh Fort. Old and new in perfect harmony!
- The complimentary Kama Ayurveda products in the bathroom, and the intimate Spa using the same products.
- Chef Amrita MukherjeeÆs delicious meals at Darikhana Restaurant. Ask for a table overlooking the Haveli.
Rass is located below Jodhpur's Mehrangarh Fort and a few streets away from the clock tower to the north-eastern Sadar Market entrance.
There are 39 rooms, 7 of which are suites with separate sitting rooms, larger balconies and bathrooms. 35 rooms have views of the Mehrangarh Fort and the remaining 4 rooms have private gardens overlooking the old, restored buildings. All rooms and suites have balconies and are decorated with great flair and care. They are contemporary, understated and make the most of Jodhpur's pink sandstone, stunning black terrazzo and with splashes of 'Jodhpur blue'. They are state of the art and furnished to an exceptionally high degree of modern comfort and sophistication. Light, space and clean lines are the bywords here. A nice extra are the complimentary Kama Ayurveda Products in the bathroom. We love them!
Our favourite room: one of the rooms with a view on the Fort.
- The Baradari Restaurant, indoor with fans and air conditioners, or outdoor on pool-facing terrace with umbrellas. The second restaurant Darikhana restaurant serves Pan Asian Cuisine.
- Have the beautiful view of the Fort from its sun-loungers at the 15x8m infinity pool in the garden courtyard.
- The small but intimate Spa on the ground floor of the old haveli offers several treatments.
- There are two communal areas; at the old stable alcoves you can read a magazine or book or play a board game. The central courtyard with fountains is a place to relax and dream away.
- Laundry service
- Hotel shop
- Blue Tuk Tuks for a drive in the City
- The Mehrangarh Fort of course is one of the highlights.
- Worth a visit are the colourful bazaars to buy spices, sweets and handicrafts.
- The Umaid Bhawan Palace and museum
- Play a round of Golf at the 100 year old Golf Club in Ratanda
- The Sangeet Natak Akademi Folk Art Museum is a good place to see a music, dance or theatre performance