A gorgeous 9-suite Fort in the Thar desert with private pools, royal picnics and Marwar horse-riding. A Luxury Experience!
- Because the hotel has only 9 suites the atmosphere is very intimate and a personal attention is guaranteed.
- The possibility to explore life in the village, have a cup of tea and a chat with the locals.
- The cooking lessons with Rashmi, using recipes from the Family Cookbook.
- Dinner with Live Rajasthani Folk Music
In the vibrant state of Rajasthan, 55 kms south west of Jodhpur City, there exists a sand dune called ôMali Nathjika Dhoraö, dedicated to the Warrior God. Mihir Garh is perched dramatically upon this mound enriched by history and mythology and beautified by nature.
Mihir Garh has nine magnificent suites and each offers you over 1700 square feet of private space. Alishaan is the name given to the suites on the ground floor, each of which comes with its own plunge pool and personal courtyard. Meanwhile, the suites on the first floor are called Shaandar and have an exclusive open air Jacuzzi along with a private terrace. Every detail is taken care of: the smallest of furnishings have been handpicked. Mihir Garh offers you the very best: from furnishings to linen, as well as the toiletries. The flooring of each room has been done using a special plaster technique known only to the one man in the entire region of Jodhpur. To ensure absolute comfort, each suite is equipped with all modern amenities like TVÆs, DVDÆs, coffee makers and even mini bars. Meanwhile, to add the contemporary chic, we have a touch of tradition in every room: hand crafted fire-places created by women from neighboring villages!
Our favourite room: a suite at the ground floor, with a personal courtyard and plunge pool.
- Al fresco breakfasts amidst nature, ensure your day begins well. Royal picnics from an era long gone beside a lake so that you can luxuriate under the specially designed tent, while the traditionally dressed servers cosset every need of yours.
- The infinity pool and on-site Ayurvedic Spa are perfect to soothe saddle-sore muscles.
- Culinary workshops and demonstrations. The recipes come from the books on traditional Rajasthan cooking authored by the ownerÆs mother, late Thakurarni Sahiba Jayendra Kumari.
- The Village Safari can be one of the ôhighlightö of your stay.
- Riding safaris are the main activity. Horses are Sidharth's passion - they feature in decorative motifs throughout, and with 2 paddocks and a stables, plus the freedom to ride whenever you want, Mihirgarh is a horse-lover's dream.