Discovery Houseboat is a chic, traditional, roomy and eco-friendly hull plying across the fabled must-in-a-lifetime backwaters of Kerala. Afloat Discovery Kettuvallam (stitched hull) guests can go for a serene romance, which is quiet and guilt-free.
- Discovery's design is chic, with spacious rooms in a sleek body slip through the backwater hinterland away from the increasingly crowded water ways
- This is a pollution-free and energy-conscious houseboat with all modern facilities, including air conditioning
- Staff and service is superb
- En route Backwater delights: temples, dance displays, farms, bustling markets...
Discovery is anchored at privacy sanctuary Bay, situated on the shores of Lake Vembanad, at the height of Thaneermukkom, Chertala in Kerala with a panoramic view of Kumarakom. It is at 70 kms/1.5 hrs drive from Cochin International Airport.
- Dining Discovery comes with its own chief expert in the recipes of The Malabar House, local Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. Enjoy meals either in the privacy of your room or on the deck overlooking the lake. (Room Service available from 6 a.m. till midnight)
- Life jackets are available for all passengers and crew.
- The privacy country boat electrically propelled for exploring the nearby canals and villages
- Mobile phone on board and E-mail facilities are available via a dial up service from a guest's laptop