Ananda Rejuvenation Spa offers a serene and truly unforgettable experience of pure pampering and relaxation in exquisitely beautiful surroundings of the Himalayan foothills.
- ItÆs the total picture: the stunning location, the spacious rooms with beautiful views and your private butler, the healthy but very tasty food, yoga in the morning, the list of treatments to choose from...
- Ananda is luxurious without being formal (most guests wander around in the fantastically comfortable and rather flattering white Indian pyjamas provided in the rooms)
- After check in you change your clothes for the Kurta, consisting of a long shirt and white trousers, and you keep them on until check out. So you can pack very light!
- For an aroma bath in the privacy of your room you just have to call housekeeping. Make a choice of one of the aroma's, turn on some music and dream away
Ananda Spa is located in the foothills of the Himalaya, at (by car) 265 km from New Delhi, (by plain) 55 km from Dehradun Airport and (by train) 45 km from Haridwar Railway Station.
Ananda has 70 deluxe rooms and suites with private terrace gardens. With palace and valley views, the deluxe rooms are understated yet luxurious. They feature walk-in closets and perfectly appointed bathrooms with windows overlooking panoramic views of the valley or of the Palace. Each room opens onto large balconies with picture-perfect views, ideal for a private meal. The 3 Deluxe Suites face either the valley or the Maharaja's Palace and have 2-bay bedrooms with attached sitting rooms and large bathrooms with garden views. The suites have private gardens that overlook the valley. The very luxurious 3-bay Ananda Suite is based on the ground floor with its own private sitting and dining areas. The suite also has a large private garden, which is perfect for intimate dinners. The Viceregal Suite, situated in the Maharaja's Palace, has a spacious sitting and dining area and a plush bedroom featuring a period four-poster bed. The attached dressing room and bathroom are beautifully appointed with antique fittings and furniture. With its own private terrace and a roof top Jacuzzi overlooking the landscaped gardens and the distant Ganga Valley, staying at the Viceregal suite takes you back into India's regal past. Two 2-bedroom villas and one 1-bedroom villa, each elegantly appointed with a living room, a pantry for the butler, a dressing room and a huge bathroom featuring a private sauna with a view of your own private-pool.
Our favourite room: One of the Deluxe Suites with a view over the valley.
- Vedanta Classes; Vedanta literally means the culmination of knowledge. It is a scientific presentation of the Eternal Principles of life and living, enabling one to attain the rare combination of material prosperity and mental peace. Complimentary lectures are given twice a day.
- Complimentary Yoga Sessions twice a day.
- Nine-hole Golf Course set in scenic surroundings
- The billiard room housed in the vice regal palace is a enthusiast's dream.
- Weekends evenings at the amphitheatre are a visual delight of sound and colour, where talented young performers from the nearby children's home come to entertain. Share these evenings, which are devoted not just to culture, but also for promoting the children who need a future.
- Nature walks and trekkings
- White Water Rafting at the Ganga River
- Explore Rishikesh and do not miss the evening ceremony