Certified by the authorities and loved by the worldÆs whoÆs who, Amarvilas, the luxury hotel, is a palatial destination in Agra at a distance of around 600 yards from the mesmerizing Taj Mahal.
For a city with three UNESCO recognised medieval architectural wonders, the Amar Vilas is a befitting addition to its legacy. This, year- 2001 construction has an air of a Mughal palace of the yore and has been conceptualized with an eye to the glorious Taj Mahal û with breathtaking views of the monumentá from its lobby, bar, lounge, spa, room and oneÆs private bed and bathroom too, all of which compliment the self-indulgence of royalty.
AmarvilasÆ spread on 9 acres is a fusion of Mughal and Moorish styles of architecture, romance and extravagance landscaped across a central courtyard with a grand colonnaded entrance, terraced gardens, reflection pools, 64 fountains, pillars, pavilions and bridges.
- The sight of sun-lit and moon-lit Taj Mahal makes for wow good mornings and good nights. And this during the palatial comforts of Amar Vilas û a relishing therapy at the spa or a sunset cocktail at the bar or masala-chai with cookies at the tea longue or just idling in your bed or soaking in your luxurious bath or private terrace û is priceless and worth a thousand narrations.
- Superb Indian cuisine at Esphahan complemented with live sitar being played takes you on a cultural high
- One feels like a Mughal û majestic, flamboyant, at peace and romantic û amidst a settings so-inspired and with Taj Mahal in view
- The Spa retreat is soul soothing and good thing is, most of the body and skin care products used in therapies are available for purchase. Surely, a take home rejuvenation!
- Nothing like timing a visit to this æEternal HavenÆ around your anniversary and re-propose and re-kindle your love with Taj playing a mute yet glorious backdrop and testimony!
The Oberoi Amarvilas is located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, 4 hours (190 km) drive from New Delhi. The luxury resort is located at a distance of 600 meters from the Taj Mahal and 15 minutes from the city center. It offers all time view of the epic monument from all of its 102 rooms and suites.
There are 102 rooms and suites on its five floors each offering view of Taj Mahal. The better ones with balconies areá on higher floor. Rooms and suites are flourished with sandstone or Burma teak floors, French doors, four-poster beds, Indian quilts and colourful silk pillows and cushions, spacious bathrooms with shower cubicles and Ayurvedic amenities. Rooms and Suites are categorized into Premier, Deluxe and Luxury with ascending order of luxury. All room come with the obvious 5 star facilities. The best and the largest of the Luxury Suites is the Kohinoor Suite. Kohinoor Suite is located in the centre of the highest floor of the resort. This regal suite has an entrance foyer, a huge living room, a dining room, a study room and a spacious bedroom with an attached bathroom, each offering the breathtaking views of the Taj Mahal. The suite also has a pantry and an interconnecting twin-bedded room (for families). The bathroom of the Kohinoor Suite offers one of the most magnificent views of the monument. There are also three outdoor terraces to lounge and cherish sunrise, sunset, Taj and the life.
Our favourite room:áThe Kohinoor Suite to live life Mughal size, in the most expansive and extravagant of the luxury suites. Being located in the centre of the highest floor of Amar Vilas it offers full view of the Taj. Even its bathroom offers awesome views of the monument.
- Complimentary visit to and from the Taj Mahal on electric cart.
- Complimentary transfers to and from the local railway station or airport
- 2 restaurants û Bellevue for Western and Esphahan for traditional Indian cuisine. Esphahan serves a great sensory experience of delicious Indian Thali and live musical trance of sitar and tabl.á2 bars
- Outdoor heated swimming pool to wind up the dayÆs activities
- World-class Spa; Specialtity Baths û Neem, Marigold, Detox etc; Steam, Sauna & Jacuzzi; Beauty Salon
- Fitness Centre; Gymnasium; tennis court
- Business Facilities including: 16 seater Birbal conference room, 24 seater Tansen conference room. Business equipments such as courier services, DVD player and projectors, teleconferencing and DVD players are available; 150 person Ballroom
Experience one of the greatest period of Indian art and architecture in Agra, the city with three WHS û Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. The Tomb of Akbar, one of the worldÆs top political icons, and Baby Taj or the tomb of Itmad-ud-Daulah is also worth to see. Besides, thereÆs a 30-min 6-dimensional movie, æIndia-in motionÆ, which is a great multi-sensory edutainment on Indian civilization through the ages. Kalakriti International Cultural Centre, a five-minute drive from the hotel, offers a great shopping experience. See and shop marble artifacts, hand-crafted furniture, traditional clothes, bed sheets, curtains, cushion and pillow covers, jewellery and other local crafts.